Side bars

Friday, February 24, 2012

Grungy Monday Wearable Art

Wow!  It's been a whole year since I have posted to my blog.  Not really because I haven't been creating art, but because life has gotten in the way.

I just spent President's Day Weekend with two great friends, Lori and Nancy .  We spent the time shopping, eating and creating great art.  One of the projects I supplied was Tim's Pocket Watch.  We covered a piece of dictionary paper with some UTEE and then added in other bits and pieces.  I dug in my stash and found Tim's original doo-dads that he came out with in I think 2004.  Lori supplied the clown charm and this is my final project.  It worked out perfect for the Grungy Monday challenge over at Studio L3.  I haven't entered a challenge in quite a long time but Lori told me about it, so I hope you like my piece of wearable art!

13 comments:

  1. Well I've NEVER seen your blog so this is a wonderful maiden voyage! Fabulous to see more of your creative wizardry. That is one very lurvely watch and the clown is a real winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your watch looks fantastic, Michael. Love the clown! I too have a stash of the doo-dads... what a perfect fit they are for this size project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!!! This is a fantastic piece, Michael. I love everything about this...and hey Lori...I love that clown charm!!! Beautiful colors, textures and design. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is cool! I think I have those too-dads too. They were put out by Design Originals. May have to dig those out again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for hosting our wonderful weekend!!
    I so love your watch - and the chain you added is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pocket watch, Michael! Love the blue accent as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool! Love that clown charm in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out so cool Michael! That charm was PERFECT! These were so fun! Even though it took me a little longer than some....lol...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous use of a pocket watch! Love the clown charm and touch of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WoWW te quedo genial!! el detalle del payaso me a encantado

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Michael, I found you through a comment you made on another blog. You really should blog more of your art if this pocket watch and your previous posts are anything to go by! This pocket watch is fabulous, love everything about it and you have inspired me to get mine out and do something with it.

    ReplyDelete